Friday, January 13, 2006

snatch thief

Snatch thief

Snatch thief can happen to anyone, anywhere, anytime. It can happen to young and old; outside your own house; inside your car; in train; in buses, or in busy streets or in lonely places. It can happen in bright daylight or worse in dimly lit areas.

Due to the nature of their modes operandi, there is nothing much one can do, except to try to minimize our losses, if it happens to you.

These culprits usually work in pairs. Usually they are either on motorbikes or pretending to ask for direction, just to distract your attention.

They are very fast with their actions and in split seconds, all your important documents will change hands and the victims will be too shock to react.

It happened to me a few days ago. I was sitting alone in my car. I had just got into the car, when suddenly I saw a hand opening my car door and snatching my handbags which was placed in between the driver’s seat and the front passenger seat. It happen so fast, I was so stunt to react.

In the incident, I lost all my documents such as my new Mykad, driving license, pension card, two ATM cards, two credit cards, three Passbooks, a bunch of house keys and of course my money and my new handbag and my wallet.

After a few seconds I gathered my composure and tried to run after the culprits. But they were too fast for me.

There is nothing much one can do to stop this crime. But the lesson I learned from this experience is, never keep all your important documents in one place. Keep your document in separate places so that when it happens, you do not have to loose everything at the same time.

This will save you time and money having to have everything replaced.

Be prepared and be alert whenever you are alone. Before you alight from your car, make sure to look left and right and do not trust innocent-looking young men who came asking for directions. They are after your handbags, or your expensive looking jewelries.

No comments: