Saturday, May 03, 2008

Quality of civil servants in Malaysia.

I was in Universiti Science Malaysia(USM) on the 27th of April 2008. I had accompanied Kuyana to get the result of her MRI test which she did two weeks ago.

It was a very dissappointing and tiring experience. Imagine we were there at 10.00 a.m for the 10.30 appointment. After leaving Kuyana at the registration counter,I had to drive round and round for almost 20 minutes looking for parking space before I could find one(which btw is also illegal).

I had no choice. I took the chance again. The last time I was there the authorities already locked my car tyres and I had to pay a RM10 fine before they released my car. They wanted to charge me RM30 but I told them I did not bring that much money to hospital and the only money I had was RM10. So there goes my RM10.

But it was not only the fine that irritate me but the whole system in USM me. There are just too many red tapes one had to go through before one can get to see the doktor himself.

We had to wait and wait for our turns despite the fact that the appointment was set for 10.30 a.m.

We had to wait for nearly 3 hours before finally being called in only to be told that the result of the MRI is not yet ready or is not in the file. Imagine the frustrations and definitely my blood pressure rises again.

But that is how things are in every government hospitals. The staff are not sensitive to human feelings. They fixed an appointment just to make a fool of you. The doctors who are supposed to see yo, had to make their rounds in the wards before they see the outpatient.

I think this is terrible systems. Why should the doctors who should be at the outpatient clinic not be at the clinic on time and why does the files not updated when appointment dates are set? I notice the administration staff were not that busy and took things very lightly when asked to explain.

It is the attitude of civil servants in Malaysia. They are just too spoilt a could'nt care less what the public thinks or felt. All they know is to be paid their salary at the end of the month and asking for more pay rise every year. But the quality of their work never improve year after year.

These civil servants are not relevant anymore.

No comments: