Friday, November 30, 2007

Travelling overseas more difficult these days


I have always enjoyed travelling and have travelled and visited many places since I was young. But I think travelling now is not as enjoyable as before. There are too many restrictions to be adhered to.

Do you know that you can only carry one hand luggage with you into the cabin?. I remember when my children were studying overseas they used to carry as many as three hand luggage. One on their back, normally the computer,which is the most precious, one overnight bag, in case their luggage got lost in transit and their little pouch which contains their passports and tickets.

Not anymore. Today we are only allowed one hand luggge(that include handbag).They also restrict any forms of liquids allowing only certain mlgm.to be carried on board.

At Heathrow I was questioned by the Immigration whether I had proof to show that I had the permission of Ku Amir's parents to bring him along. I had travelled with my other grandchild before and nobody ever asked for any proof.

Imagined what could have happened if they did not let Kuamir continue with the journey to Cork. What would I do? But thank Allah the Almighty, we were allowed to proceed with the journey.

I do not blame the immigration authourity. They are just doing their job. But it shows how critical the situation is. The security is very tight cos there are too many threat around us. So look after your children and make sure you know where they are all the time.

No comments: